Error 5009: 0x80070005
Error 5009 usually means access is denied. This can either be caused by trying to install a program as a restricted user or an access restriction within registry.
Other causes can be:
1) Not enough hard disk space to copy across – check you have at least 1Gb remaining space on your hard disk
2) If installing from a DVD, a damaged or dirty disk may prevent the files from being read. Test by trying to install on another machine, which may give a similar message
3) A corruption within Installshield
4) An out of date Installshield - updating should resolve this.
If you have already installed the program as the administrator and can rule out the disk space and the damaged disk options, then the corruption within installshield can be resolved by deleting the following file:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Professional
For the permissions in registry this needs to be edited in registry and not something we would recommend unless you are a competent user as this can have serious implications if not completed correctly. The solution is to propagate the permissions of the key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE down to its child objects with these steps:
1) Right click on the key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE
2) Click on 'Permissions...'
3) Under the tab 'Security' click on 'Advanced'
4) Tick on the checkbox of 'Replace permission entries on all child objects with entries shown here that apply to child objects'